The Humax DTR-T1000 is the first YouView box on the market, and it’s pretty impressive.
Here’s what the T1000 has to offer:
- A 500GB hard drive (300 hours of standard definition or 125 hours of HD)
- Freeview HD (BBC, ITV and Channel 4)
- ScrollBack – Go back through 7 days of TV
- Catch-up TV from BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and 4oD
- Record, pause and rewind live TV
- Series Link
- Thousands of TV shows and movies on-demand, including pay-to-view films from Sky’s NOW TV
The box needs an Internet connection for access to the YouView service. The T1000 doesn’t support wi-fi, so you will need to connect it to your Broadband router using an Ethernet cable. (More: How to connect Youview to the Internet)
Humax DTR-T1000 Availability
The Humax DTR-T1000 is available from the following places:
Get the Humax YouView box for free with BT: See ‘YouView from BT‘
May 2013: New model available… Humax DTR-T1010
Humax DTR-T1000 Review and User Comments:
Humax is generally a well-respected name in the Freeview and Freesat box market, and the build quality and functionality of this YouView box is on a par with other offerings from YouView. It seems pretty well made and responsive, and does a good job.
We’ve been tracking online user comments about the box to get a feel for what’s being said about this box, and here are some of the observations we’ve made:
- Backwards srolling as a way to access catch-up TV is a hit. Why haven’t we seen this before?
- Lack of wi-fi. To be fair, most Freeview PVRs lack wi-fi, but for many it’s a pain getting an Internet connection without using wi-fi
- Good picture quality and smooth playback of the on-demand video content
- Lack of support for 5.1 Surround Sound has been highlighted as a surprising omission (although this might be fixed in a software update)
- The price of £299!
Any comments on this box? Please add them in the Comments section below.
Humax DTR-T1000 Specifications:
Here’s a photo of the back of the T1000, showing the rear connectors
YouView DTR-1000 Connectors:
- HDMI out
- SCART out
- Co-ax Aerial In
- Co-ax Aerial Out (loopthrough)
- SPDIF Digital Audio Output
- RJ45 Ethernet socket
- Component video (RCA phono socket)
- Stereo audio (2 x RCA phono sockets)
- 2 x USB sockets (purpose unknown!)
Do you have a question about this Humax YouView receiver? Please add a comment below