This is the second YouView box to be released by Humax, and it’s a follow-up to the first generation Humax DTR-T1000 box.
As with all of the Humax hard drive recorders, the Humax T1010 is is a very capable box and well worth considering – although, we’re finding many people would be better off getting a free YouView box, rather than paying high street prices for a new Humax box. As a reminder, you can get a free YouView box with your broadband from either BT or TalkTalk.
Anyway, turning to the T1010 – The unit has a silver front, as opposed to the earlier model’s black front. It comes in two flavours – a 500GB version or a 1TB version.
I know it’s been said here on this site several times now, but if you are thinking of getting YouView, it’s worth considering getting a free box from BT or TalkTalk.
Here’s a brief summary of what the Humax T-1010 offers:
- A 500GB hard drive (300 hours of standard definition or 125 hours of HD)
- Freeview HD (Channels from BBC, ITV and Channel 4)
- ScrollBack – Go back through 7 days of TV and download anything you’ve missed
- Catch-up TV from BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and 4oD
- Record, pause and rewind live TV – with Series Link
- Thousands of TV shows and movies on-demand, including pay-to-view films from Sky’s NOW TV
- Control the YouView box from your Smartphone and set remote recordings
This box from Humax combines Freeview HD, BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5 – it comes with the Scrollback EPG which lets you record shows and series that are coming up ion the next 8 days, as well as going back in time to download and watch programmes that you’ve missed in the last week. A whole range of on-demand pay TV services are optionally available, including movies and hit US drama series.
To get access to the on-demand content, the box obviously needs an Internet connection. You’d have hoped by now that new boxes would be able to cope with connecting via wi-fi, but sadly not, and the T1010 still requires a wired connection to your home router, either by direct connection to your router, or using Powerline adapters – for details of how to connect, see our How to connect Youview to the Internet guide.
Humax DTR-T1010 Availability
The Humax DTR-T1010 is available from the following places:
Humax DTR-T1010 Specifications:
- Storage: 500GB (1TB version also available)
- Recording time on the 500GB box: 300 hours SD (125 hours HD)
- Dimensions: 380 x 252 x 55mm
YouView DTR-1010 Connectors:
- HDMI out
- SCART out
- Co-ax Aerial In
- Co-ax Aerial Out (loopthrough)
- SPDIF Digital Audio Output
- RJ45 Ethernet socket
- Component video (RCA phono socket)
- Stereo audio (2 x RCA phono sockets)
- USB socket
Do you have a question about the Humax DTR-T1010 YouView recorder? Please add a comment in the box below.